Éire

09/27/2014

11 Comments

Picture
I had the rare opportunity to film in Ireland recently. My family and I were in Killarney for my brother's wedding. Although we didn't have much time to get out and explore, the few chances we did have were incredible. I was really excited to try out my new Konova K2 80cm slider  and I was able to run it through its paces on a rapid fire tour of County Kerry. I put together this video (mostly) on the flight home.

Almost all the shots in the video were filmed on our last day in Ireland, which we tried to pack as much site seeing into as possible. Every shot was done in a rush and so that created a bit more work in post as I tried to realign shots that were not perfectly level, and adjust under/over exposed scenes. I also shot most of these scenes with the flat Cinestyle color profile from Technicolor. This was my first time shooting that flat on purpose and then trying to correct and grade everything in post. I learned a lot, but I'm not sure the film ends up "better" in the end. It may have been better to just shoot the best possible shot in camera and do less adjusting in post.

I plan to do a review of the slider I used in the near future so I won't say much here, except that the 80cm of slide was enough to get beautiful shots, and the slider itself was butter smooth in most cases. I'm very pleased with that purchase.

Equipment/Software List:
Camera: Canon T3i with Magic Lantern installed.
Filter: I used a variable ND Fader Filter on the bright sunny day (almost everything except shots at Muckross Abbey).
Slider: Konova K2 80cm with a ballhead mount.
Edited in Adobe Premiere CS6.
Color Corrected and Graded in Adobe After Effects CS6 with Magic Bullet Looks.

By the way, I brought more gear than I used, but everything fit in one small camera bag, plus the slider bag (which is about the size of a cheap tripod completely folded up). It was nice to pack light and be so mobile, especially since everything was shot in such a compressed time frame. Don't think you have to bring everything to shoot like this. Pack light, you'll shoot more.

Comments

10/04/2014 12:56am

Getting educational services by using internet is become so simple in these days due to wiled business and educational networks. That time i am working on educational process and trying to provide unique and useful products within low prices.

10/27/2014 3:13am

Bring the Great Outdoors indoors with zoo and jungle animal wall decals from Fathead. Our safari animal wall decals feature better details than stickers.

09/14/2015 2:53am

It is the wish of everybody that its film must be hit and super in all over the industry. For this purpose, he uses to capture that places which are rare in the world.

03/07/2016 12:19pm

Movies shooting on Ireland is fabulous! I love the background view of the pictures and all stuff.

On the off chance that you discover a lot of individuals in the Facebook or Twitter page of your picked store, then no ifs ands or buts it can be said that you have chosen a well - known and popular store.

05/22/2016 9:17am

Along these lines, you can likewise utilize person to person communication locales for deciding the ubiquity of a web store.

05/22/2016 9:19am

Yes, it's about web promoting yet by the by they have their primary branch. In the event that you stay in that nation/region, you can visit them to know more.

02/12/2017 11:14am

On the off chance that a man is drawing nearer to have the benefit of understudy credit then he ought to likewise fare thee well and feel obligation about its normal return else he may be battle with legitimate activities and money related uneven characters.

02/19/2017 1:35pm

The cost of pouring the new establishment, connecting the old house and repairs after the house was appended came to $22,000.00. A 20% possibility expense was included into the credit just on the off chance that there were any issues that happened amid the move. There were no issues so that 20% was connected to lessen the foremost adjust.

02/19/2017 2:43pm

Is it safe to say that it isn't a fascinating time in our life to see the best fiasco in the monetary world to hit since the Great Depression? Why do I say fascinating? Since, the home loan and monetary hand book is being re-composed practically consistently.